If you are sitting around waiting for a Wii HD, you may want to take a look at VDIGI HD solution for Wii instead.
VDIGI’s HDMI Upscaler Processor allows Wii owners to connect their Wii to their TVs using HDMI or DVI cables. The device is capable of outputting 1080p or at a monitor resolution of 1680 x 1050.
The device costs $75, but I wouldn’t be too quick to purchase it. No one really knows how well it actually works, so it might be worth waiting around to see a few reviews to see if there is any real noticeable difference.
You can check out the specs and features after the jump.
- Input: Wii AV Connector x 1, USB Type A Plug x 1.
- Output: HDMI x1 , 3.5mm Stereo Audio Jack.
- Video In Supported: EDTV(480i/576i), SDTV(480p/576p)
- Video Out Supported : 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p, 1280×1024, 1440×900, 1650×1050 (at refresh rate 59.94Hz)
- Audio Out: HDMI audio, Analog audio.
- Bi-Color LED: Blue and Red.
- Operating Temperature: 5°C to 60°C (41°F to 140°F)
- Dimensions (approximate): 12cm (L) x 7cm (W) x 2.5cm (H)
- Mass (approximate): ~180g
Powerful Video Signal conversion
- Crystal shape image, Outstanding picture quality.
- Full HD (1080p) output.
- True 10-Bits high definition video scaler engine.
- AV grade scaler engine
- No external power required.
- Easy to setup.
- LED status indication.
Wide Range Video Display support
- Support TV (HDMI) and PC Monitor (DVI).
- HDMI-Audio and Analog audio out.
- Various HDTV video out.
- Native resolution for LCD monitor.