You may be asking yourself “Now why did TSG have to go and mess up something that wasn’t broken in the first place?”. The answer is simple, we were bored.
First you should notice we re-imagined our navigation bar altogether, we have separated the Gaming content from our Marathon content (try doing that with your America s’mores, Phil). It wasn’t easy but we did it for the convenience of our readers, and that’s who matters dangit!
- When you hover over the “Marathons” section the sub-navigation bar (Red colored) will change to reflect the content categories we have setup for that particular section, the same goes for “Home”. By the way “Forums” is now “Community”
You may have also notice the new Search Bar and RSS Feed icon. Yessir we’re gettin’ all fancy in these parts.
- You can now search for key terms or tags that you think might be relavent to the topic of your search.
We’re now able to bring up a spotlight.
- The “Spotlight” contains things we feel you guys should really check out. If you’re ever in the spotlight feel free to show us your Dumbo ears, because I’ve never seen an elephant fly.
The blog is becoming a staple feature with original content such as game reviews, hardware reviews, and podcasts, not to mention up to date game news and much more on the way. We wanted to focus the attention off of the marathons during those off months…bust still be able to bring you guys the latest news on upcoming marathons. Therefore that’s where the “Featured Content Carousel” comes in:
With all these new gizmo’s and gadgets one might begin to feel like Dorothy in Oz looking for their personal “Yellow Brick Road”, well we got you covered.
- This little bar will tell you where you are, how you got there, and how to get back (Click the colored links). Never say we didn’t do anything for you.
A wise man once said ‘A blog without inter-site connectivity, nested comments, and comment ratings, is not a blog at all.’ He was right, and he was me.
- This is by far the “Meat and Potatoes” of the blog redesign, it’s also the one that gave us the most trouble a few days ago. You’re now able to use your “Community” username and password to sign in on the blog and comment. If you do this, we are able to use your community avatar, username (same case) and website link you provided to interconnect both the blog and the forum…hence making the “Community”.
- You can also reply directly to a persons post via the “Reply” button.
- The last thing you can do is rate a comment either with a Thumbs Up or a Thumbs Down. This is similar to the Digg thing except with a TSG twist which won’t be unveiled until a later date.
Since we here at TSG like our podcast, we like for you to like our podcasts as well. That’s why we’ve added a convenient little icon and link in the footer (bottom of the page) to help you subscribe to our podcast. If you missed our feed icon the first time…it’s down here as well.
- A click on the icon warrants a direct link to the Podcast RSS URL, from there you can use whatever program you like to keep up-to-date with us.
- A click on the link warrants a page asking if you want iTunes to open (assuming you have iTunes), after it’s open it’ll then automagically take you to our iTunes Podcast page. From there you can click a little “Subscribe button”.
Note from Gwellin:
This was quite the endeavour, but we’ve got it all/mostly done. This is how much we love this community, and expect great things to come. Please tell Local or I if you think we could improve on anything, and hey, we’d even accept compliments.
Can I sleep now?
Quote from Local: “Did anybody else just about beb?”