Ever wonder what it feels like to dive using steel? Possibly a submarine made of steel? Steel Diver will fill your needs… Maybe. One of the three launch titles from Nintendo, Steel Diver takes players under the sea by allowing them to take control of their very own submarine. But is this promise enough to warrant a purchase?
If you listen closely, you can hear a high pitched Darth Vader in the background.
Update: It just came to my attention that there is indeed Ghost Data from the Developers that you can race for each mission. I feel this feature does little to change the overall quality of the game, therefore the score. If it bothers you, add .2 or something to the score in your head.
- Interesting and unique touchscreen controls
- A good bit of variety in terms of modes
- Captain Dante Cruz
- Controls can be a bit overwhelming
- Heavy lack of content
- Each gameplay type is shallow
- Visuals are bland and not that impressive
- No online leaderboards or preset rankings to encourage replay value