This year Konami decided to lead up E3 with a pre-show. The show features new details and trailers on upcoming Konami games and announces quite a few HD collections. You can check out the entire show after the jump. Or, if you don’t feel like sitting down and watching an hour of content, there’s a list of high notes below the video.
- More Castlevania: Lords of Shadow DLC coming “soon.”
- Frogger 3DS set for this year.
- New Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater 3D trailer (8:00). 3DS version includes new features like the ability to change pictures taken via the 3DS camera into camouflage and gyro controls to keep balance.
- New PES 2012 trailer (14:35). Developers focusing on improving off the ball characters. These characters will now support the player with the ball. Also working to make AI more sophisticated.
- New NeverDead trailer (22:20). As announced before, main character is immortal and can never die due to a 500 year old curse put on him by a demon king. When he takes damage he loses his limbs, which you’ll have to pick back up. Depending on which limbs you have, the character will control differently. (Pretty much old news.)
- Silent Hill Collections, features Silent Hill 2 and 3 in HD
- Teased Silent Hill: Book of Memories, NGP exclusive title.
- New Silent Hill: Downpour Trailer (29:19).
- New Contra title teased.
Kojima Productions Projects
- Kojima working on a new system called “Transfarring.” This system allows players to transfer save data between a home console and a portable system.
- First game to utilize it will be Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD, seeing release this November in a Metal Gear Solid HD collection that also including Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 in HD. This collection will be available on both PS3 and Xbox 360.
- Zone of the Enders HD Collection, featuring Zone of the Enders 1 and 2 in HD. Also available on both PS3 and Xbox 360. Not releasing until 2012.
- Transfarring will initially only work between PSP and PS3 with PSP HD remakes. Kojima Productions plans on expanding it with the two HD collections mentioned above with NGP, allowing Kojima Production’s PS2 HD releases to be played between NGP and PS3. And finally, they plan on implementing transfarring between titles developed specifically for PS3 and NGP. Titles that support this will have a transfarring logo on the box.
- Metal Gear Solid Rising planned for 2012. The title won’t be shown at E3 this year.
- Kojima can’t talk about his next big project yet, but reveals the engine he is using to develop the title. The engine is called Fox Engine, a Kojima Productions original engine. Shows a quick glimpse of it (50:45)